Erasmus+ brings together seven existing EU programmes in the fields of Education, Training and Youth; it will for the first time provide support for Sport. As an integrated programme, Erasmus+ offers more opportunities for cooperation across the Education, Training and Youth sectors and is easier to access than its predecessors, with simplified funding rules.
Erasmus+ is the new EU programme for Education, Training, Youth and Sport for 2014-2020, starting in January 2014.
The Erasmus+ Programme shall contribute to the achievement of:
- the objectives of Europe 2020 Strategy, including the headline education target;
- the objectives of strategic framework for European cooperation in education and training (ET 2020), including the corresponding benchmarks;
- the sustainable development of Partner Countries in the field of higher education;
- the overall objectives of the renewed framework for European cooperation in youth field (2010-2018);
- the objective of developing European dimension in sport;
- the promotion of European values in accordance with Article 2 of the Treaty on European Union.